Friday, October 26, 2012

Shirley Temple


Growing up my mom was the queen of amazing homemade costumes. The ideas that she came up with and sewed before the Internet even existed amaze me! She has always been so crafty and I still aspire to be as creative as she is one day. I don't sew (something that I want to change) but I knew that I wanted a cute and different costume for Ellie this year. Last year she was a little lamb and we got her costume at Pottery Barn Kids. It was sweet and adorable, but this year I wanted something that really fit E and her personality. I spent a couple of nights searching Pinterest trying to get some inspiration, but as cute as all the costumes were I didn't find what I was looking for. The Shirley Temple idea finally came to me one day when I was looking at how curly her hair is. I decided to go with  "On the Good Ship Lollipop"  and and one of E's best buddies lent her the perfect sailor dress.











And just for fun- Our little lambie last year ;-)

Pin It Now!

5 comments:

  1. oh my! i can't wait til my baby is old enough to be something like this!she will be a cupcake this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! Dropping by from Kelly's Korner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, that is totally precious. I *love* Shirley Temple; how original!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I'm visiting from Kelly's blog! Your daughter is adorable, she has Shirley Temple curls! I'm looking for new friends that might like to visit my new Maddalee blog...I'm offering some fun projects for children and their big people :-)

    Blessings, Nancy

    maddalee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete